Saturday, October 3, 2015

MOOSE on the run

For this project, we came up with a word and created a question around it that we were supposed to try and answer through our art.  I chose "wild," and after a lot of brainstorming, I decided to pose the question, "Can something wild really be contained."  To demonstrate this,  I sculpted a moose out of clay and sent it to the kiln.  While I waited for it to cook, I worked on his platform home.  I used a piece of wood and painted it green and brown like a forest floor.  Then I created a fence to corral my moose by gluing twigs together.  I used spray adhesive to stick little pieces of pinestraw to the bottom as well.  When I got my moose back, I covered it in pinestraw, pinecone, and bark pieces.  Using all of the outdoor elements was my way of keeping the moose wild, but the fence tries to tame him.  Yet I included a gate door so that the moose can be free when he wants to and therefore the wild spirit in him can not be contained.




No comments:

Post a Comment