Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Photoshop Frenzy


     This week in Art, we learned how to use the program Photoshop.  I have used this a couple of times before, but not in great detail.  We watched videos detailing the different functions and settings in Photoshop, and we created a morphed image using that knowledge.  I thought the final products were really cool because angry, vicious pancakes or a lady with a frog tongue are totally unexpected!  I was glad to have the videos with step by step instructions because I would've been lost without them!  I am a person who needs directions to do something, so I found myself rewinding and re-watching a lot.  There were times when I got frustrated with the program though.  At one point, I was not in the right layer and it wasn't working out.  But I especially felt extreme distaste for the polygon lasso tool because it stuck to every spot on the screen that I clicked on and I couldn't figure out how to get it to deselect unless I went to the internet window and then went back and canceled it.  It was so strange and annoying, and I was told you had to reconnect the ends to deselect it.  I personally think that is crazy because I wanted to deselect without have to click a bunch, but I muddled through.  Since I had to go back to the video so much, I ended up working pretty slowly.  But I am happy with the results and I think they are so funny to look at.  I'm going to send my brother a picture of angry pancakes--I'm sure he'll never look at breakfast the same way again!

No comments:

Post a Comment