Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Contour Connection

      For our contour line unit, we learned how to draw objects by following what our eyes saw with our pen.  We were instructed not to pick up the pen, and to draw everything we saw.  We started out drawing our hands, and we couldn't even look at our paper!  But we later did modified drawings, and they started to dramatically improve.  It was still tricky even at the end, but at least you could get the feel of drawing all of the lines and getting it proportional.  When I started out, my hands were scribbles all jumbled together and you couldn't even tell what I was drawing!  But with each drawing, I learned to take my time and keep my pen and eyes going at the same rate.  It was really cool how with each progression my drawings looked more believable.  This was a very tricky unit, but I thought it was a good thing to learn.  I thought that the backpack and the shoes were the hardest to draw because they were bigger with more lines and features.  It took some perseverance to keep drawing even though it grew tiring, but I managed to keep up with my concentration.  Contour line drawing is a different method than anything I've done before, but it was neat to learn and to see my skills increase with each drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment